Orange Maple Cranberry Sauce with fresh apple is a bright and healthy addition to your holiday feast! Easy, fast, and can be made ahead. Maple-sweetened, and free of refined sugar, vegan and gluten-free!
- 4 cups cranberries, washed
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 orange, zested, then peeled and cut very small avoiding big parts of the membrane
- 1 small apple, diced
- pinch of salt
- In a pot, cook cranberries, maple syrup and a pinch of salt over medium heat, until lightly simmering and cranberries begin to pop, about 8 minutes. It is okay if cranberries are in different stages of breaking down. Some will be popped, some will still be whole.
- Remove cranberries from heat. Add diced apples, orange zest and chopped orange. Mix to combine. It will thicken as it cools.
- Refrigerate until serving.
This will keep 4 days in the fridge. Best served within 2 days of making.
Keywords: cranberry sauce recipes, easy cranberry sauce, best cranberry sauce, healthy cranberry sauce, sugar-free cranberry sauce